Author Topic: Experience Log  (Read 15760 times)

Offline demilord

• We Don't Care
Experience Log
« on: July 08, 2022, 01:22:41 AM »
I'm going to leave this thread here for my log of my experience reading the authors books. If you know of a way to add a spoiler tag that would be great to know! Stay Tuned  ;D

Offline demilord

• We Don't Care
Re: Experience Log
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 01:52:05 AM »
I'm going to preface myself on this book, "Alliance" by watching the episode which predates it. "Window of Opportunity" Stargate SG-1
one of my favorite tv series  ;D

Offline Daen

• Administrator
  • We Don't Care
Re: Experience Log
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 07:15:19 AM »
Hey, Demilord.

Thanks so much for your interest in my work! So far I've had a few visitors, but very few commenters, and I'm really hoping to drum up a good discussion.

I hadn't considered spoiler warnings before you brought them up, so here's what I suggest: Put the phrase 'Spoiler Warning' in the subject line of each post in question. If you're replying to one, put it at the very top of your post. Then, when the stuff you don't want to spoil is about to start, type in 'color=black' right before you start. Be sure to put a [ and ] around color=black, so the forum knows you want that text to be black in color.

Everything you type after that part will be indistinguishable from the black background, so people won't see it unless they highlight it. I did much the same in the missing part of Alliance chapter 42. Eventually, I'll transfer the whole book here to this site, in a special Fanfiction section, but for now it's good where it is.

If you want to start typing text in white again, just follow up with [/color]. That will tell the forum you're done with the hidden stuff.

Here's an example of what I mean. Just highlight the next line to see for yourself.

I typed color=black inside a pair of []s just before this, and now I'm typing /color in the same.

I hope that helps, but as always if you have any questions, just let me know. I'm also open to suggestions, since I've never moderated a forum or anything before. TTYL :)

Daen.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 07:25:37 AM by Daen »